Thursday 10 June 2010

sharp reminder

If ever I had a sharp reminder and a dose of reality on why I am doing the Race for Life it happened this week - My friends mum was diagnosed with Breast Cancer on Tuesday and is in fact going in for her operation tomorrow - the scary thing is though as an older woman she never checked herself monthly and the lump was only found by accident by her grandson banging into her by accident when they were playing and it hurt, all hats off to the health service though for their quick response - but it brought home to me how many women (and men ) STILL DON'T check themselves regularly -

so PLEASE, PLEASE read the information provided by the link to NHS Uk below and be aware of any changes and see a doctor AS SOON as you notice anything - I personally would have written on my medical records 'She's here AGAIN' rather than 'Didn't come early enough'

This has got nothing to do with increasing traffic to the blog or getting more readers/followers but PLEASE forward this blog page onto as many women as you can

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1740.aspx?CategoryID=60&SubCategoryID=182

Once again I cant emphasise enough the importance of getting this information to as many people as possible

Love to you all x

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I wanted to let you know that I am following you from Moms Blogger Club, "The Under 100 Followers Club" group. I am hoping when you get a chance you can follow me back at http://www.britneysbeautyblog.com and http://www.britneysbeautymark.com. Also, I would love to place a link to your site on my blog if you want to do the same with my blog on yours. Please let me know by sending me an email regarding this and it has been nice meeting you via the web.

    Thanks, Tracey
    (A.K.A Britney/ author)

    ReplyDelete