Wednesday 14 October 2009

Reality Check

Well, sorry it has taken me a while to do my next post, the shock of being accepted has worn off and reality has set in now !!



My Husband has done many marathons, and various other runs - (he calls them fun runs, Why I dont know?? there isnt ANYTHING fun about this !!)



So anyway I figured it was better to get some advice from someone who had already done a fair but of running and knows my habits - all good of course - NOT !! rather than trawling the sites and books for advice on how to start running rather than the obvious put one foot in front of the other faster than normal - and someone who will kick me out the house even when it is raining and there is something really important on the TV - soap operas are informative and real life arent they ??



My Personal Trainer as hubby will now be called rather than what I want to call him after excercising has sorted me out a training plan for the next tow weeks based on a complete novice, so here it is:



Monday - Walk/Jog
Tuesday - Gym
Wednesday - Day off - WOOOOOO !!! and Hump day too!!
Thursday - Gym
Friday - Gym and Small walk/Jog
Saturday - Day off - I could get used to this !
Sunday - Long Walk/Jog



and Week by Week


Week 1 - Walk/Jog
Weekdays - 35 min
Weekends - 45min


Week 2 - Walk/Jog
Weekdays - 45 min
Weekends - 1 hr



Week 3 - Walk/Jog
Weekdays - 55 min
Weekends - 1hr 10 min



Week 4 - Walk/Jog
Weekdays - 1hr 5 min
Weekends - 1hr 20min



Week 5 - Jog
Weekdays - 1 hr 5 min
Weekends - 1hr 20 min



As you can see my husband is obviously getting his own back on me for what I called him when I was in Labour with the kids !!!



so far, so good though, the gym I go to is Curves, dont know what type of workout you would call it Ill find out and let you know but there are various machines that you do 30seconds on each with a 30 second jog inbetween and you do the circut 3 times, and it is OWWWWW in the morning so it must be working.



In the next few weeks I will let you know my PERSONAL reasons behind wanting to do the run for a breast cancer charity, and to also if you dont mind I will pass on the donation details on so if you would like to sponsor me -



And finally I will start to post some pictures for you, when I get some batteries for the camera or I get brave enough to post them - whichever comes first



Until then take care and be safe - keep checking yourselves x x x

No comments:

Post a Comment