Tuesday 31 May 2011

Going gets tough

Ive also signed up for the Croxteth 10k on Sunday - must have had a moment of madness lol - I know I can run 8.5 miles and the 10k is only 6 (and a bit) miles - but I went out today and couldnt even manage 2 ?? - my breathing was all over the place, felt like I was going so slow I was nearly going backwards.

I had such a tizzy with myself on the way back to the car, whole mix of angry with myself, frustrated, crying, wanting to give it all up - all of the above.

Spoke to hubby who has done loads of running and apparently everybody has days like this, when its a struggle and you want to give it up but you just have to accept it - try and power on through and if it doesnt work accept that today it isnt happening and put it behind you.

I tried but it just wasn't happening so it is time to accept, deal with and move on .

This wouldnt be a problem if i didnt have the 10k on Sunday, my FIRST 10k race, and to be honest its making me doubt my ability to finish on Sunday.

Postive thinking, and onwards and upwards - I CAN DO THIS !!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment