Thursday 29 April 2010

confession time....

I love the companionship and the motivation that I have and share with my two other team mates but along side the 5k training I also have my own personal challenge.
Confession time...

I am the most overweight of the team, and my personal challenge is to lose 50lbs t(o start off with ) from August 09- August 10- I picked August because that was the last time I had my picture taken before I started healthy eating, pretty attainable you would think..
I am a typical yo-yo dieter and would love one day to wake up a size 10 (uk size) but it aint gonna happen,

I dont know what it is but I feel 'ready' for it now, in the past I have tried both weight watchers and slimming world with varying - limited sucess, whether it being, willpower, or not fitting into family meals ( I cant expect the whole family to have red/green days - Slimming World peeps will know all about them !!) or having to take a calculator around with me on the weekly shop to work out how many Weight Watchers 'points' are in each item.

So I am doing it the old fashioned way and calories in v's calories out - and to be honest I am not even counting calories I am aware of them and know roughly my intake but I really dont want to be one of those people with a photographic memory who can recite the exact number of calories per ounce of every single food item -
I also dont want my daughters to see mummy constantly dieting and counting calories and eating seperate 'diet' food - I personally think that kids these days have enough pressure on them through the media without the comfort and safety of family to fall back on.

Admitidly it is coming off slower but I have noticed that with the exercise I actually look better because it is toning up

BUT it REALLY gets me when a friend of mine ( and yes there is a small part of me that is jealous!) has gone on a really restrictive diet of 500 calories per day (food replacement) and has lost 11lbs in her first week - I am pleased for her though although she knows what I think of the diet !!

I'll keep you all posted on how Im getting on - whether or not you are interested !!! lol and of course also let you know about my Race for Life training - 1st post coming tomorrow

I just have to remember the old Aesops fable about the tortoise and the hare and in true 'Lets Fight This' tradition -
Its not the winning - its the taking part that counts !

2 comments:

  1. Following you now from MBC! I can totally relate to you, I'm trying to raise money for Susan G. Komen (breast cancer) and I am on a quest to lose about 30lbs! Stop by and visit at www.alittlecupofcomfort.blogspot.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following from MBC. You have a very pretty pink blog with a great message of hope. http://erikkalynnsport.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete