Friday 16 April 2010

honoured to be walking with my blockhead sisters x x

1 day to go - doesnt sound too bad if you say it quick - but think -



1 day....... 24 hours.........1440 minutes........86,400 seconds...... its like the opposite of waiting for Christmas..



but then you think - how should I be feeling now ? should I feel ......





nervous?


scared?


calm?





Or in my case all of the above? although it is more nervous than anything - its the first time any of the team have challenged ourselves to this extent - although Joesgirl has done running before



In the paperwork it says - for the last few days take it easy and try and get as much rest /sleep as you can - so taking all the advice into account where was I Wednesday night - all tucked up in bed early ....... NO.... in A&E with my daughter until 2am who had an allergic reaction to something and came out in a rash....



I was smiling to myself and still am (and no its not due to lack of sleep) .... because if you think about it , what the whole team has had to go through over the past couple of months, Maz and myself are mothers with young, young children, and joesgirl has been posted over to Egypt for 6 weeks during our training time...



In an ideal world we could put our all into the training plan - but life happens, work happens, family happens with somehow trying to fit in training



And still we are here... waiting for the big day we have done as much as we can.. we are still friends (although ask us Sunday Morning on the train on the way home see if we are still speaking !!lol ) - all of us walking together along with thousands others in aid of one common cause..



I am honoured to be walking alongside my fellow blockhead sisters and wouldnt want to do it with anyone else x





LETS GET THIS LADIES !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment