Monday 26 April 2010

The Next Step

So, Where do I go from here? (!!).
Well, I managed to raise a total of £171 for SHINE - a bit short of my target, but as most of that was from a large collection of £1 and £2 donations for raffle tickets it's not too bad!!
MY next step, with @munchkin75 is the 5km Superheros walk/run in Grenwich park on June13th. We both doing the event in aid of the St.Thomas Lupus trust, and I am to got BIG on the fund-raising for this one!
I'm planning to run it, and beat last year's 5k times (so - i need to do it in under 27 minutes), and training is already in progress. Yesterday I hit the Gym for an 'Active Core' class - lots of aerobics followed by about a million squats, then in the evening I made a very happy return to my running club. I made it around the course, and had a wonderful time chatting with my chums (that is - until I ran out of breath and they zoomed off into the distance!).
Onwards and upwards!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment