Monday 4 October 2010

New Years Resolutions ..........In OCTOBER ????

Yes I know it is only October but 2 things happened this weekend .... nothing serious but just made me think.

1. I went to see the play Calendar Girls at the Liverpool Empire - Fantastic play - all about the antics of the members of a Womens Insitute posing nude for a calendar to raise money for a sofa in the relatives room of a hospice where one of the women' husbands died from Leukemia.

2. When waiting for the play to start I was chatting to my mum about my sister and what she is going to do when she finishes University in 2 years time - and she said that she wants to go to America to Work.

These 2 together made me look at my life ..... I no means regret anything that has happened in my life, I believe that things happen for a reason ... but it was ALWAYS me that wanted to live and work in America or Canada - even had the opportunity to go to the American College in London with the option of a placement in the States at the end, but I never took the opportunity and now my chance has passed, and I will have to now only visit.......

As I said everything happens for a reason, If I had gone I wouldnt have met my husband and had my children, who dispite having their 'moments' are the best thing to happen to me - but what else do we put off because we dont (for whatever reasons)take the chance or seize the opportunity??

In my case it was confidence....and years on I still have to work on my confidence but am all to aware of how quick time flies.

So thats where the resolutions come in..... What 5 things would I do dream as big or small as you can and thats what I m going to aim for....... so If I do my resolutions now I can get all the groundwork sorted with a timescale then come January 1st 2011 Im ready to Rock n Roll rather than thinking of them on the 1st then spending the next 6 months planning on what to do or just charging in like a bull in a china shop.......

So as soon as Ive made my list and plan of action i'll let you all know ......

x x NO REGRETS x x

No comments:

Post a Comment